South Carolina Marriage Records
There is no better way to protect yourself from being deceived by anyone than to look into South Carolina Marriage Records. This piece of document contains a great deal of information that exposes the present marital state of your partner, as well as the person’s spouse, name of parents, date and location of the wedding and more. The names of the solemnizing officer and witnesses are likewise contained in this account.
In South Carolina, marriage documents dated way back 1950 to the present are obtainable at the State Division of Vital Records. Files recorded before 1950 can be requested from the Probate Judge care of the County Courthouse in the county where the marriage was held. As per the jurisdiction of the State, only the wedded couple, their adult children, present or former spouse or their legal representative are entitled to access this information.
A statement confirming the occurrence of marriage and the date and county that issued the marriage license are the only details that other applicants can acquire. Eligible individuals are required to provide the full names of the subject/s, time and place of nuptial, relation to the person, purpose for gathering the data, as well as contact details like a phone number, mailing address and signature.
The Vital Records office charges $12 for each file copy ordered and an additional $3 for every extra copy you asked for. Payments must be sent to the Department of Health and Environmental Control by check, money order or personal checks. A same-day service is guaranteed for applications submitted in person. However, for orders made by mail or phone, you may have to allot several days before search results are provided.
Over the past several years, the Magnolia State has welcomed the era of computerization and the Internet with a bang! Completely computerizing all of its vital documents, including those of marriage, has become a common practice at governmental agencies. This new method has caused the entire searching process to speed-up like never before. What used to be a very lengthy procedure can now be completed in a matter of minutes only.
Loads of private records providers also thrive online to generate . These commercial service providers are divided into two versions: free of charge and fee-based. A well-trusted and competent search site, though, is that which asks for a minimal cost. The paid type of service ensures to resolve your concerns in an instant by producing results made with 100% reliability and accuracy.
South Carolina Marriage Records
Requesters who wish to get hold of marriage records can check the following government sites to make their request:
- – Department of Health and Environment Control – certified copies from July 1950 up to November 2009
- – Court and County Registry
South Carolina Background Check
To make a request for marriage records or certificates in the State of South Carolina, follow the instructions provided below:
- – Visit the South Carolina Department of Health and Environment Control – Vital Records
- – Download, print and complete the Vital Records for Marriage Application form
- – Include a clear and legible copy of the requester’s ID with photo.
- – Enclose payment of $12 in money order or certified check.
- – Mail in the completed form.
South Carolina Marriage License Records
Marriage records in the State can be requested from the Vital Records Office; however only records from 1950 up to the present are available. Older records may be available from the county or probate judge office that registered the marriage.
South Carolina Marriage Resource Links
- – South Carolina Marriage License Information
- – South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists
- – American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy for South Carolina
- – Greenville County
- – Charleston County
Search US Marriage Records
- Arizona Marriage Records
- Alaska Marriage Records
- Arkansas Marriage Records
- California Marriage Records
- Canada Marriage Records
- Colorado Marriage Records
- Connecticut Marriage Records
- Delaware Marriage Records
- District of Columbia Marriage Records
- Florida Marriage Records
- Georgia Marriage Records
- Guam Marriage Records
- Hawaii Marriage Records
- Idaho Marriage Records
- Indiana Marriage Records
- Kansas Marriage Records
- Illinois Marriage Records
- Iowa Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Louisiana Marriage Records
- Maine Marriage Records
- Maryland Marriage Records
- Massachusetts Marriage Records
- Michigan Marriage Records
- Mississippi Marriage Records
- Minnesota Marriage Records
- Missouri Marriage Records
- Montana Marriage Records
- Nebraska Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage Records
- New Hampshire Marriage Records
- New Jersey Marriage Records
- New York Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage-Records
- North Carolina Marriage Records
- North Dakota Marriage Records
- Ohio Marriage Records
- Oklahoma Marriage Records
- Oregon Marriage Records
- Pennsylvania Marriage Records
- Rhode Island Marriage Records
- South Carolina Marriage Records
- South Dakota Marriage Records
- Tennessee Marriage Records
- Texas Marriage Records
- Utah Marriage Records
- Vermont Marriage Records
- Virginia Marriage Records
- Washington Marriage Records
- West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wisconsin Marriage Records
- Wyoming Marriage Records