New Jersey Marriage Records
Whether you’re married or unmarried, running a New Jersey Marriage Records search is necessary. For single individuals, this information is helpful in discovering the current marital status of a prospective partner before committing to tie the knot with the person. This move will help reduce the occurrence of unwanted marriages which oftentimes resulted in divorce. Other individuals can also utilize this document in investigating someone’s background, for genealogy and so on.
In New Jersey, this vital information is kept up to date at the New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Statistics. Available in its database are records of marital unions that were filed from June 1878. An amount of $4 is required per file copy requested and another $2 for each additional copy. Records for weddings that took place from May 1848 to May 1878 are obtainable at the New Jersey State Archives for $10, covering a 5-year search.
If you know where the couple was married, you may contact the Registrar of the municipality to obtain information about the marriage records. Application forms must be filled out with the following details: name of husband, maiden name of wife, where and when of nuptial, your relationship to the person and purpose for requesting. The more particulars you enter, the more reliable and complete the results you’ll receive.
Experiencing certain delays in getting the desired data is often the problem with searching through the governmental offices. Today, immediacy of report is guaranteed through the latest online search method. The Internet offers complete access to huge databases online that contain all relevant documents of the State, including birth, death, divorce and marriage. In this method, the processing time is way faster than the other means.
Through the Web, you can also acquire the information you need without paying a single penny at all. Nevertheless, be reminded that free services may not satisfy your needs for they usually produce incomplete and inaccurate details. To avoid such problem, smart people now employ the help of those paid service providers. For a very inexpensive price, they ensure to supply high-quality results without any delay whatsoever.
Marriage License Records is but another essential public information that’s useful in various ways these days. This sort of document is needed in handling legal proceedings such as divorce, showing identity and in conducting a marital background check on a soon-to-be spouse. Turning to the Internet is strongly advised if your search is of a serious or official nature and you need top-rated and instant findings.
New Jersey Marriage Records
For those who wish to get hold of marriage records, plesse see below for the locations of the records:
- – Bureau of Vital Statistics and Registration – marriage records starting from 1901 up to the present
- – State Archives Office – marriage records prior to 1901
New Jersey Background Check
To be able to get hold of marriage records in the State, requesters must provide their relationship to the parties indicated in the record as well as sufficient proof or purpose for the request. With that said, follow the steps below to learn how to request for marriage records in the State.
- – Visit the Department of Health and Senior Services website
- – Download, print and fill up the Application for Certified Copies of Vital Record form
- – Indicate the purpose and type of vital record needed.
- – Enclose any acceptable forms of Identification.
- – Enclose $25 for payment.
- – Send the completed form to the Department of Health and Senior Service Office.
New Jersey Marriage License Records
New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics and Registry maintains a database where requesters can request for vital records information. Particularly, the Office has the following records in their safekeeping:
Records of marriage, birth and death from 1913 onwards
- – Civil Unions
- – Domestic Partnership
- – Adoptions
- – Stillbirth
New Jersey Marriage Resource Links
- – New Jersey Department of Law and Public Safety – Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- – New Jersey Marriage License Information
- – New Jersey Department of Health
- – New Jersey Historical Society
- – Union County Clerk
- – New Jersey State Archives
Search US Marriage Records
- Arizona Marriage Records
- Alaska Marriage Records
- Arkansas Marriage Records
- California Marriage Records
- Canada Marriage Records
- Colorado Marriage Records
- Connecticut Marriage Records
- Delaware Marriage Records
- District of Columbia Marriage Records
- Florida Marriage Records
- Georgia Marriage Records
- Guam Marriage Records
- Hawaii Marriage Records
- Idaho Marriage Records
- Indiana Marriage Records
- Kansas Marriage Records
- Illinois Marriage Records
- Iowa Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Louisiana Marriage Records
- Maine Marriage Records
- Maryland Marriage Records
- Massachusetts Marriage Records
- Michigan Marriage Records
- Mississippi Marriage Records
- Minnesota Marriage Records
- Missouri Marriage Records
- Montana Marriage Records
- Nebraska Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage Records
- New Hampshire Marriage Records
- New Jersey Marriage Records
- New York Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage-Records
- North Carolina Marriage Records
- North Dakota Marriage Records
- Ohio Marriage Records
- Oklahoma Marriage Records
- Oregon Marriage Records
- Pennsylvania Marriage Records
- Rhode Island Marriage Records
- South Carolina Marriage Records
- South Dakota Marriage Records
- Tennessee Marriage Records
- Texas Marriage Records
- Utah Marriage Records
- Vermont Marriage Records
- Virginia Marriage Records
- Washington Marriage Records
- West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wisconsin Marriage Records
- Wyoming Marriage Records