Massachusetts Marriage Records
Seeking for Massachusetts Marriage Records can reward you in various ways. This information is essential in cases like you want to find out if your significant other is indeed unattached at the moment or if you wished to track down your family tree. It contains a big deal of information that is beneficial for many individuals conducting genealogical researches. No wonder this type of document is now most sought after by numerous people.
Like any other states, Massachusetts considers marriage as a special event that occurs in the lives of two people in-love. For this reason, wedding ceremonies that are held within this region are usually documented and kept at the state repository. In this state, marriages that were filed beginning 1916 can be found at the state’s Registry of Vital Records and Statistics at Dorchester, Massachusetts.
As a rule, requests for this data can be submitted via in person, mail, Internet, phone or fax. Be aware that each method involves a certain amount of charge to be paid by check or money order. Corresponding charges are as follows: $18 for in person; $28 for mail, $42.50 for Internet and $3 for phone or fax. The said fee covers a ten-year search if the exact date or location of marriage is unknown.
Your local City or Town Hall can also provide you with this information for a much lower price so long as you know the city or town where the wedding after 1915 happened. For earlier records, particularly those that are dated from 1848 – 1915, orders must be sent directly to the State Archives through walk-in or by mail. A maximum of five certificates can be requested at one time and a $3 search fee must be given.
In line with the law of the state, all citizens of Massachusetts are entitled to get hold of this sort of account given that proper rules and regulations are adhered. Nowadays, Public Records, such as marriage documentations, are widely searched for by countless individuals for a huge variety of reasons like employment screening, financial risk assessment, security profiling, support for legal proceedings and so on.
At the present time, the Internet offers a more favorable way of acquiring Marriage Records. Instead of wasting too much time and effort going to and fro the government offices, one can just stay at home and get the needed information now. Yes, that’s absolutely possible with the help of many professional service providers online. Avoid those free search sites, though, since they’re known to transmit viruses and malwares to your computer. For satisfactory results, only trust the fee-based version for it’s guaranteed to be safe, reliable, instant and low-priced.
Massachusetts Marriage Records
By law, anyone in the State of Massachusetts can access state public records. Like any other public documents, marriage certificates are important since these are legal documents. Such type of file contains valuable information and is therefore very useful most especially in genealogy researches.
How to request access for Massachusetts marriage records?
- – Obtain a copy of an Application for Vital Record form.
- – Read the instructions carefully and provide all the needed information.
- – Prepare the necessary fees and mail it along with the completed form to the Registry of Vital Records.
Marriage decrees obtained from the Registry of Vital Records, Department of Health costs $18 (in person) and $28 (via mail). On the other hand, obtaining such document through the State Archives requires only $3.
Massachusetts Marriage Background Check
If you are skeptical about the marital status of a certain person and you want to do a bit of investigation, checking over that individual’s marriage record will certainly help you out with such ordeal. In Massachusetts, marriage certificates can be pulled through the following entities:
- – State Vital Records Office
- – County Registrars and Recorders
- – State Courts and County Clerks Offices
Don’t forget to send the completed form along with the corresponding fee to any of these agencies.
Massachusetts Marriage License Records
Every government record in Massachusetts is considered to be public unless it is withheld under a specified exemption. This notion is part and parcel of the State’s Public Records Law. State public archives include, but are not limited to the following:
- – registers of births and deaths
- – adoption records
- -marriages and divorces decrees
- – arrests and criminal information
All record requests are subject to fees. Such payment varies from county to county and depends on which agency the request is filed at.
Massachusetts Marriage Records Resource Links
- – Registry of Vital Records
- – Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth
- – National Center for Health Statistics
- – Massachusetts Vital Records
- – Massachusetts Court Records Guide
- – Massachusetts Licensed Marriage Therapists
- – Massachusetts Marriage Guidelines
Search US Marriage Records
- Arizona Marriage Records
- Alaska Marriage Records
- Arkansas Marriage Records
- California Marriage Records
- Canada Marriage Records
- Colorado Marriage Records
- Connecticut Marriage Records
- Delaware Marriage Records
- District of Columbia Marriage Records
- Florida Marriage Records
- Georgia Marriage Records
- Guam Marriage Records
- Hawaii Marriage Records
- Idaho Marriage Records
- Indiana Marriage Records
- Kansas Marriage Records
- Illinois Marriage Records
- Iowa Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Louisiana Marriage Records
- Maine Marriage Records
- Maryland Marriage Records
- Massachusetts Marriage Records
- Michigan Marriage Records
- Mississippi Marriage Records
- Minnesota Marriage Records
- Missouri Marriage Records
- Montana Marriage Records
- Nebraska Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage Records
- New Hampshire Marriage Records
- New Jersey Marriage Records
- New York Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage-Records
- North Carolina Marriage Records
- North Dakota Marriage Records
- Ohio Marriage Records
- Oklahoma Marriage Records
- Oregon Marriage Records
- Pennsylvania Marriage Records
- Rhode Island Marriage Records
- South Carolina Marriage Records
- South Dakota Marriage Records
- Tennessee Marriage Records
- Texas Marriage Records
- Utah Marriage Records
- Vermont Marriage Records
- Virginia Marriage Records
- Washington Marriage Records
- West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wisconsin Marriage Records
- Wyoming Marriage Records