Louisiana Marriage Records
People have varying reasons for why they want access to certain documents like Louisiana marriage records or any public records for that matter. Some people do it to conduct marital background searches while others do it to affirm genealogy. Other individuals may also need their own marriage record as a mandatory document for a pending divorce. Whatever the reasons are, acquiring these records can be relatively easy, depending on the source and the method you employ.
Before computers and the Internet, people wanting to gain access to public records would have to visit government offices in person. State governments have public offices that are responsible for storing and maintaining vital records. In this office, one can file for a formal request to obtain copies of marriage records or any other public record that they require. There are procedures and fees involved in this process. And it usually takes a few working days before you will get the documents you’ve requested, not very convenient to be quite honest.
In some states, if you wish to view or obtain copies of public marriage records, you will have to visit the county where the marriage license was issued. The county clerk’s office typically has the records that you are looking for. However, you may have to figure out the specific county where the couple got married before you go anywhere. And in the state of Louisiana, there are around 64 counties to consider.
As you can see, the conventional means in getting access to Louisiana marriage records still lacks the convenience and practicality that will help make the whole process a lot less tedious and complex. But these days, gathering documents and vital records is no longer as demanding as before, thanks to the power of the Internet. Now, people can simply go online to gather information and conduct marital searches. No more driving around from one county, or office, to another.
When government agencies began storing public records in online databases, a lot of people now have easy access to such vital information, considering that almost every household in America now have Internet capabilities. People won’t have to leave their homes to do research and background checks, saving them time, money and effort.
But in every research, everyone knows that the source is the most essential aspect. One cannot do an accurate marital search without a reliable source of information. As an alternative to the government’s online services, commercial record providers have been stepping up to the plate for quite a while now. In exchange for a small fee, you will be given access to a comprehensive database of public marriage records comprising of all fifty states in America. Many of these record providers do not only offer marriage records, but other types of vital information as well, such as births, deaths and divorces. It basically serves as a hub for vital records research.
Louisiana Marriage Records
Marriage records are maintained by the following government agencies:
- – Louisiana Vital Records Registry – marriage license purchased in the Orleans Parish
- – Louisiana State Archives – for marriages that are 50 years and older
- – Clerk of Court – certified copies
To be able to get hold of certified copies of Orleans Parish marriage certificates, follow the procedure below:
- – Visit the Vital Records Center or the Vital Records Service Center.
- – Show a valid ID with photo.
- – Pay the appropriate fees.
For Mail Requests
- – Download and print a copy of the Application to Obtain Certified Orleans Parish Marriage Certificate.
- – Make a copy of the requester’s identification with photo.
- – Attach payment of $5.
- – Mail the completed form.
Louisiana Marriage License Records
The State Center for Health Statistics Unit of the Department of Health and Hospitals maintains a central database for vital records in the State. Here, the State collects and maintains birth, death, stillbirth, induced termination of pregnancy, marriage and divorce data.
Marriage Resource Links
- – Louisiana Department of Health
- – Licensed Professionals Marriage and Family Therapist
- – Caddo County
- – Louisiana Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (LAMFT)
- – Louisiana State Center for Health Statistics
Search US Marriage Records
- Arizona Marriage Records
- Alaska Marriage Records
- Arkansas Marriage Records
- California Marriage Records
- Canada Marriage Records
- Colorado Marriage Records
- Connecticut Marriage Records
- Delaware Marriage Records
- District of Columbia Marriage Records
- Florida Marriage Records
- Georgia Marriage Records
- Guam Marriage Records
- Hawaii Marriage Records
- Idaho Marriage Records
- Indiana Marriage Records
- Kansas Marriage Records
- Illinois Marriage Records
- Iowa Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Louisiana Marriage Records
- Maine Marriage Records
- Maryland Marriage Records
- Massachusetts Marriage Records
- Michigan Marriage Records
- Mississippi Marriage Records
- Minnesota Marriage Records
- Missouri Marriage Records
- Montana Marriage Records
- Nebraska Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage Records
- New Hampshire Marriage Records
- New Jersey Marriage Records
- New York Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage-Records
- North Carolina Marriage Records
- North Dakota Marriage Records
- Ohio Marriage Records
- Oklahoma Marriage Records
- Oregon Marriage Records
- Pennsylvania Marriage Records
- Rhode Island Marriage Records
- South Carolina Marriage Records
- South Dakota Marriage Records
- Tennessee Marriage Records
- Texas Marriage Records
- Utah Marriage Records
- Vermont Marriage Records
- Virginia Marriage Records
- Washington Marriage Records
- West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wisconsin Marriage Records
- Wyoming Marriage Records