California Marriage Records
Think about these scenarios- you were about to file a divorce, or you were planning to move on to a different romantic relationship that you’ve been looking forward to, or probably you were in the process of learning more about your family history. What will be the first thing that comes into your mind as to what’s the best thing to do during one of those times? Well, perhaps the best solution that most people do is to undergo a Marriage Records Search.
This marriage record is a document that was made and kept by an authorized office or department regarding a person’s marriage and all the details that are necessary and has relevance. Perhaps every state has its own marriage record. To mention one, California Marriage Records is one the most sought after records nowadays. Although California is the largest state when it comes to population, reportedly it has the lowest marriage rate in the country and its marriage records are well maintained by the California Department of Public Health, Office of Vital Records.
Any member of the public has the right to view and obtain copies of the public marriage records at certain governmental agencies with no cost at all except for other extra services that are necessary. These records are searched by many for many reasons including genealogical studies, background verification, as a document for official undertaking, and the most common, is to perform a marital history check on a partner or on that behalf. Just like other records, these records can be accessed through government agencies or through the internet.
These are Public Records, which literally means that they are accessible by anyone for as long as proper procedures are also followed. This search can be done with the aid of your responsible government agency so there’s no more reason why you can’t obtain the answers to your questions when you do your marriage record search. These records might be public records, but they are considered confidential in special cases and more often they include important information about the marriage and the persons involved in the occasion.
The search for these records can be done by mail, telephone, fax, in person or online, depending on the state. Performing such marriage record search is indeed a serious endeavor that requires professional standards. Therefore, despite its being free of charge, downloading the searched information would be charged. However, the search is worth it so don’t give it a second thought. Why don’t you give it a try now?
The central repository for marriage records in California is the Office of Vital Records. Such bureau operates under the State’s Department of Public Health. To request for a copy of a marriage record, an application form must be secure first and filled out with the following details:
- – Complete names of the groom and bride
- – Date and county where the event took place
- – County where the couple got the marriage license
As the one requesting the record, you must also provide your personal details such as your complete name, address, and your phone number. You must also include in your request the reason for appealing such record.
California Marriage Background Check
In background checks, records are used very often. A marriage record, for instance, is utilized most especially if the aspect that is being sussed out is more on the marital status of the person in question.
There are certain guidelines which individuals should adhere to when requesting for a marriage record in California.
- – Only those individuals authorized by the Health and Safety Code can obtain a copy of a California Marriage Certificate.
- – A Certified Informational Copy may be issued for genealogy purposes and background checks. However, it will contain a mark: “Informational, Not a Valid Document to Establish Identity.”
- – A separate application form is required for each marriage record entreaty.
- – The Sworn Statement must be signed. If the order is placed through mail, it must be notarized by a Notary Public. For informational copies, a Sworn Statement is no longer needed.
- – Prepare a processing fee of $14 and send it to Vital Records Office along with the completed form.
California Marriage License Records
As per the Freedom Information Act of California, any member of the public who wishes to obtain a copy of any vital record in the state can do so. Public archives comprise of the following registers:
- – Birth and Death Records
- – Marriage and Divorce Decrees
- – Arrest and Criminal History Information
- – Amendments to Vital Records
- – Driver Records
- – Project Updates
Each vital record requires a certain processing fee. Bear in mind that this fee is non-refundable regardless if the record requested is found or not.
California Marriage Records Resource Links
Public records in the State of California can be pulled through:
- – Office of Vital Records, Department of Public Health
- – Department of Justice
- – California Superior Courts
- – California Registrars and Recorders
- – County Sheriff Association
- – California Sample FOIA Request
- – California Public Records Directory
Search US Marriage Records
- Arizona Marriage Records
- Alaska Marriage Records
- Arkansas Marriage Records
- California Marriage Records
- Canada Marriage Records
- Colorado Marriage Records
- Connecticut Marriage Records
- Delaware Marriage Records
- District of Columbia Marriage Records
- Florida Marriage Records
- Georgia Marriage Records
- Guam Marriage Records
- Hawaii Marriage Records
- Idaho Marriage Records
- Indiana Marriage Records
- Kansas Marriage Records
- Illinois Marriage Records
- Iowa Marriage Records
- Kentucky Marriage Records
- Louisiana Marriage Records
- Maine Marriage Records
- Maryland Marriage Records
- Massachusetts Marriage Records
- Michigan Marriage Records
- Mississippi Marriage Records
- Minnesota Marriage Records
- Missouri Marriage Records
- Montana Marriage Records
- Nebraska Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage Records
- New Hampshire Marriage Records
- New Jersey Marriage Records
- New York Marriage Records
- Nevada Marriage-Records
- North Carolina Marriage Records
- North Dakota Marriage Records
- Ohio Marriage Records
- Oklahoma Marriage Records
- Oregon Marriage Records
- Pennsylvania Marriage Records
- Rhode Island Marriage Records
- South Carolina Marriage Records
- South Dakota Marriage Records
- Tennessee Marriage Records
- Texas Marriage Records
- Utah Marriage Records
- Vermont Marriage Records
- Virginia Marriage Records
- Washington Marriage Records
- West Virginia Marriage Records
- Wisconsin Marriage Records
- Wyoming Marriage Records