Indiana Marriage Records
For a person who is single, getting married to someone special totally sounds interesting. It excites every man and woman who wants nothing else but to have a spouse for life. However, one must remember that marriage is sacred and is something that should be kept forever; hence, choosing the best partner to walk down the aisle with is imperative. To do so, make sure you check Indiana Marriage Records before making a decision.
Marriage documents are Public Records, which mean that they are available for everyone to access and use. This kind of file puts in detail important particulars regarding an individual, his spouse and parents, plus the time and venue of their wedding. In addition, it also reveals the name of the solemnizing officer and the witnesses who were gathered together in that momentous occasion.
- – Phone Numbers
- – Job Information
- – Aliases and Nicknames
- – Emails
- – Education
- – Death Records
Relatives & Relationships
- – Immediate & Extended Family
- – Online Relationships
- – Ex-spouses
- – Roomates
- – Neighbors
- – In-Laws
- – Arrest Records
- – Misdemeanors
- – Traffic Tickets
- – Case Number
- – Offense Descriptions
- – Felonies
- – Warrants
- – Sentencing Info
- – Court Dates
- – Arrest Location
- – Financial Hardship
- – Tax Liens
- – Assets at Risk
- – Refinances
- – Evictions
- – Judgment
- – Bankruptcies
- – Properties & Assets Value
- – Foreclosures
- – Mortgage Information
- – Vehicle Ownership
and Online profiles such as:
In the state of Indiana, this kind of account is obtainable at the Vital Records Office of the State Department of Health, located at Indianapolis City. Requests can also be addressed to the Clerk of Court in the county where the marriage license was given. Attach in your application a photocopy of a valid photo I.D. and your signature. Specified search fees must also be paid by personal check or money order.
Online services are likewise employed in this region. Various databases online contain a complete list of marriages that happened in this place as early as 1850 up to the present time. Compared to seeking through the old means, like in person, mail, phone or fax, going through the Internet is more effortless and quick. It allows multi-state searches since it offers access to numerous large archives available over the Internet.
Widespread over the World Wide Web today are complimentary and paid private record providers. For less serious purposes, you may use those free services and get minimal information in return. However, if you’re in need of the data for legal proceedings or to conduct background checks, then paying a small cost for the service is advisable. The fee-based version generates reliable and comprehensive findings which are beneficial for critical cases.
People hunt for Free Marriage Records nowadays for different reasons. First off, it is widely examined to find out the true marital status of someone at present. If your prospective partner says he’s single but you have an ill feeling about that, then discover the truth by yourself. Doing so takes courage, but its fruit is sweet. Getting facts about someone’s current marital state or previous marriage will give you peace of mind and protection from harm.
Indiana Marriage Records
Indiana is an open record state. This roughly generates a presumption that anyone authorized by law can therefore request access to information, including marriage records, created and kept by public agencies including that of the government. In Indiana, a certificate of marriage is worth $10 and $4 for an extra copy. Marriage registers can be procured through:
- – Indiana Vital Records Office
- – Indiana Registrars and Recorders
- – Indiana Courts
Guidelines for Indiana Marriage Records:
- – The State’s Record Bureau only retains index for marriages since 1958.
- – For certified copies of Marriage Certificates, you can access these from the county Clerk of Circuit Court or Clerk of Superior Court in the county where marriage occurred.
- – Payment for the marriage certificate requested should be made through check or money order only. Cash will not be accepted.
Indiana Marriage Background Check
How to get marriage records in Indiana?
- – Identify which county the marriage took place and where the license was issued. Marriage record requests in Indiana are directed at the Circuit Clerk’s Office in the county where such license was obtained.
- – Get an application form from the aforementioned agencieS’ online portal or from their offices directly. Fill it out will all the necessary details required.
- – Indicate your relationship to the subjects and the reason of your appeal.
- – Send your order along with the corresponding fee to any of these offices.
Indiana Vital Records
It is the Indiana Commission on Public Records where most of the state’s public records are kept and maintained. Vital records, on the other hand, can be obtained from the following entities:
- – Birth and death certificates – can be acquired from the State Department of Health or from the local county health departments
Marriage and divorce decrees – only available at the local county clerks
- – Requesting for an Indiana vital record is done by filing a request through an application form which should contain all the necessary details about the event.
Indiana Marriage Records Resource Links
- – Indiana Marriage Records Laws
- – Indiana Commission on Public Records
- – Indiana State Forms Catalog
- – Vital Records Guide
- – Indiana Vital Records, National Center of Health Statistics
- – How to Get Vital Records in Indiana
- – Indiana County Recorders Portal
- – Indiana Marriage Laws
- – Licensed Indiana Marriage Advisers